12 facts about the spectacular Miracle Garden Dubai !
Like an oasis in the middle of a desert, right at the centre of Dubai is a miraculous garden that will take your breath away if aren’t prepared for it. The Dubai Miracle Garden, rightly named so, is one of the largest gardens in the world. A recent attraction in the desert city, theMiracle Garden was opened to the public on the valentine’s day of 2013. If the garden was in any other part of the world, it would have been no big deal. But, it is located in a desert city that experiences extreme temperatures. Hence all the fuss.
Image Credit: Flickr.com
Here are some interesting facts about Dubai Miracle Garden that you must know before going there –
- The Dubai Miracle Garden has many facilities for its visitors such as open parking, VIP parking, toilets, sitting areas, prayer room, ablution facility, carts for disabled, security room, first aid room, retail and commercial kiosks and so on.
- The Dubai Miracle Garden Timing: is open from 9 AM – 9 PM, Sunday to Thursday (the ticket counters close at 8:30 PM). During the weekends, that is Friday and Saturday, the timings are – 9 AM – 11 PM (Ticket counters close at 10:30 PM). The tickets will cost you 45AED for adults and 35AED for children below 12 years old. For children below 2 years, entry is free.
- You cannot use professional cameras or drones inside the garden. For professional shoots, you will have to take special permission from the management. With prior permission, you can shoot for engagements, weddings, modelling and TV ads.
- The garden is located in Al Barsha South. It is spread over 72,000sqm area. The Miracle Garden primly showcases identifiable structures that are entirely covered with flowers. There are more than 50 million blooming flowers in the garden. From a large aeroplane to heart-shaped pathways, pyramids to butterflies, you can see many shapes and creatures specially made of flowers.
- The best attraction is the one in the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest flower arrangement. It is a floral rendition of Airbus A380 superjumbo aircraft which is entirely made from flowers.
- The flowers of the garden are maintained by re-using wastewater through the process of drip irrigation. About 757,082 litres of water is required every day.
- Many movie scenes have been shot inside the Miracle Garden. A scene from the Bollywood movie Hamari Adhuri Kahani was shot inside the garden.
- The garden has over 60 different varieties of flowers on display. There are geraniums, marigolds, chrysanthemums, roses, petunias and many other varieties of flowers. Each year, the floral structures are changed to ensure a change for repeat visitors.
- The gardens are closed during the summer season because Dubai’s hot summers are unbearable. Also, the 40 C temperature that is there from June to September is not favourable for either flower growing of flower gazing.
- The place is also home for the region’s first indoor butterfly garden. The Dubai Butterfly Garden is open all over the year and has many butterfly species living under one roof.
- Petunia flowers are the maximum used flowers in the Miracle Garden. They are used for many floral themes on display. Thus, this garden is the home for the maximum number of Petunia flowers on earth.
- The Dubai Miracle Garden is so large that you will need a couple of hours to view all the attractions in it. You can walk around the garden, take the cart or just sit at one place. If you are hungry, there are small eateries inside the garden too. If you want to see it all in detail, you will need an entire day.
These are some interesting facts about the Dubai Miracle Garden.
Share this article with your travel friend, Have Fun!